Thank you for renting a dumpster from Tiki Island Dumpsters! Below are some rental tips and rules to help your rental run smoothly and suggestions on avoiding extra charges.
Rental Term: Maximum weight up to 4,000lb (2 tons) - If you need your dumpster picked up before the rental term is up, there are no refunds or extra charges. The billing cycle starts over again if you have more to dump - this is called a dumpster switch out or dump return. We highly recommend calling or texting us at (833) 386-7626 at least 24-hours before you need your dumpster picked up. Otherwise, we will pick up on the day arranged. Property owner and or contractor assumes all liability of any potential damages related to delivery and pick up of dumpster.
What You Can Dump: cardboard boxes, furniture, household garbage, junk, flooring, drywall, sinks, counter tops, bathtubs, glass, plastics (not containing liquids), dirt (limited amount), books, clothing, metal (not appliances), fencing, pvc, roofing shingles (17 square limit), wood, rocks (limited), faucets, lighting fixtures, etc.
What You Cannot Dump: A $75 fee may be applied if these listed items are found, as they are not permitted in NC landfills or our containers:
- Concrete, asphalt, gravel, dirt, bricks (no more than 10)
- Oil, oil filters, or gasoline
- TV and computer equipment
- Lead acid batteries
- White goods (washer, dryer, etc)
- Wet paint cans and sprays
- Propane tanks
- Flammable liquids, solvents, or glue
- Hazardous materials & chemicals
- Aerosol cans
If you have any of these items and wish to dispose of them, please ask us the best way to do so as we may be able to make arrangements to still take them.
Other Things to Avoid extra fees:
- Please no graffiti on the dumpster-subject to cost of damages.
- Filling the dumpster above the top rim - we have to tarp it - so evenly fill the dumpster . Anything above the rim will be taken out of the dumpster prior to picking it up. Fees for doing so may apply.
- Blocking the dumpster with other vehicles, locked gate, trailers, etc.- subject to dry run fee $125
- Attempting to move the dumpster yourself – subject to $100-$150 fee.
- Denting or damaging the dumpster in any way- subject to cost of damages. Interior paint scratches are normal. Holes or dents are not.
- If dumping heavy materials such as concrete, dirt, fill, or topsoil, only fill dumpster 1/2 full - subject to $50 per ton additional disposal fee if 2 tons (4,000 total pounds) is exceeded, regardless of container size. Dumpster contents can not exceed 8,000lbs (4 tons).
Driveways and Parking Areas: Customer warrants that any access/location provided for Tiki Island Dumpster’s equipment is sufficient to bear the weight of all equipment and vehicles required to perform the service. Tiki Island shall not be responsible for any damage to pavement or driveway or any accompanying sub-surface or any route reasonably necessary to perform the services herein contracted. In addition, Tiki Island Dumpsters shall not be responsible for any damage to lawns, shrubbery, fences, sub-terrain systems including pipes or septic systems. Customer assumes all liabilities for damage to pavement or roads, lawns, fences, mailboxes, and shrubbery.
Please be advised that we highly recommend not parking the dumpster in your lawn. There is a high probability that the dumpster and hauling equipment will damage your yard, septic, and possibly become stuck, especially after rain or snow.